Mark McMorris fractured rib is steadily improving, so much so that the gold-meda

• 0 ตอบ
  • 32 อ่าน

0 สมาชิก และ 1 บุคคลทั่วไป กำลังดูหัวข้อนี้

Mark McMorris fractured rib is steadily improving, so much so that the gold-meda
« เมื่อ: 17 พ.ย. 2018, 09:07 น. »

Mark McMorris fractured rib is steadily improving, so much so that the gold-medal favourite in Sochi plans to snowboard in a few days to "see how it goes. Jacoby Brissett Jersey ." McMorris responded in an email to The Associated Press on Friday that he feels "pretty good" nearly a week after his crash during the Winter X Games slopestyle final. He has a few more days to heal with slopestyle qualifying at the Sochi Games not beginning until Feb. 6. Last weekend, the 20-year-old from Regina caught his snowboard on the lip of a rail and landed hard on the bar, then slid down on his right side before hitting the snow. "I was in a lot of pain and I couldnt breathe," he said in the email. "I just had to get up. I couldnt lay there. I was so disappointed." He made it down the hill that afternoon under his own power and headed to the hospital, where X-rays revealed he had a fractured rib but no other damage. And now McMorris refuses to let the fall derail his Olympic aspirations. "I am really blessed and lucky I get a second chance to try and give it a shot," he said. Asked if his rib might hamper him during competition, McMorris responded: "I cant predict it until I get out there and try." McMorris arrived in Europe early so he could get accustomed to the time difference. He said hes pretty much been "in a stationary place trying to get better. Feeling Ok but my rib is still broken so its not 100 per cent. ... Every day (the rib) gets better and I still have 4 or 5 days before I compete." Sore rib and all, McMorris will still be one of the favourites as slopestyle makes its Olympic debut. He could be the biggest challenger to Shaun White, who will also try to defend his title in the halfpipe. Pressure being the front-runner? "For sure," McMorris said in an interview at Winter X, a few days before his crash. "Whenever youre at the top of the sport, people look to you to keep going. Ive proven time and time again, that I can get the result. "Now, when were talking on an even bigger level, the Olympics, its really put on my shoulders. But everybody feels pressure. You can either take it in a positive or negative way. I try to feed off of it." McMorris doesnt view White so much with a sense of awe, but rather as simply another competitor in a talent-rich field that includes fellow Canadian rider Max Parrot, who won at Winter X with back-to-back triple-cork jumps. In fact, its White whos been doing most of the chasing in this event, because McMorris has been the snowboarder with the innovative tricks. "(White) is another guy youve got to beat," McMorris said in the interview before his crash. "I go to a contest to ride the best I can. Its in the judges hands after that. Thats what everybody does. I dont think its a sport where youre trying to take down any certain person. Youre trying to win a contest and do the best you can do." Malik Hooker Jersey . Venus Williams advanced to the ASB Classic final in Auckland on a walkover when fellow American Jamie Hampton withdrew from their semifinal Friday with a right hip injury. Jabaal Sheard Jersey .com) - The New York Rangers hope to punch their ticket to the second round when they visit the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday for a Game 6 battle at Wells Fargo Center. http://www.cheapcoltsjerseysonline.com/?tag=matt-slauson-jersey-online . Fielder has been out with a herniated disk in his neck, and surgery was recommended after a follow-up exam and another scan Thursday with Dr.TORONTO – Brandon Morrow is back with the Blue Jays. Not to pitch, though, as hes not close to a return to the mound, but as he progresses in his rehabilitation from a torn tendon sheath in his right index finger, its time to come under the closer watch of the ballclubs medical and training staff. Throwing once again, Morrow shared that there is no “drop dead” date to determine whether hell need surgery on the injury, a procedure which would end his season and possibly his tenure in Toronto. “I would take it as far as until it went out again, until it tore,” said Morrow. “If it tore, it would probably take the other pulley with it and then I would need to get it fixed. Im just going to take it up until that point and not worry about it.” Often when an athlete gets injured, hes out of sight, out of mind. The team must go on without him. Little thought is paid to the hours of rehab required. It can get lonely and boring for the guy going through it. The situation can be made worse depending on the type of injury sustained. For Morrow its a finger, which is especially limiting. Following the first two weeks of recovery, during which his right hand was completely immobilized by a splint, he began with pinching exercises using clothespins and putty. For one to two hours, three days a week, Morrow was at a Phoenix-area clinic working through his program with others who suffered similar hand and wrist injuries. A number of people with carpal tunnel syndrome were classmates. Morrows gym work was limited to lower-body strength exercises. He could still work his shoulders using two and three-pound weights, being careful with his grip. After about a month, he resumed an upper body regimen. For the last five days, Morrow has been throwing a baseball. Hes just playing catch at this point; from 45 feet for four days, exteending to 60 feet on Tuesday afternoon. Clayton Geathers Jersey. His finger is far from 100 per cent, not in pain, but still stiff. “It actually feels better after I throw,” said Morrow. “It kind of loosens it up and the range of motion gets better. Its been great. Throwing has been good for the last week.” Morrow would sit on his couch and watch the Blue Jays. Its strange being a member of a team but being so far away from your mates. Morrow was close to four thousand kilometres away, staring at a TV. “You kind of feel like that, you kind of feel like a fan,” said Morrow. “But obviously you know a little bit more of whats going on in the game. You feel the emotions a little bit more because youve been there. I know the fans are invested, but they dont quite as emotionally invested as the players do, although some might say they do. Sometimes its hard to watch because you cant help out.” Morrow would like to return as a starter. What isnt clear is how long hell need to get back up on a mound. That wont be happening anytime soon and hes been down long enough that hell need another spring training-like experience to get his arm stretched out. Regardless, in the final guaranteed year of his deal (the Blue Jays hold a $10 million option for 2015 thats unlikely to be picked up), he wants to play a role in a pennant drive. Hes motivated. “Thats really what youve got to use,” said Morrow. “Theres nothing else to motivate you. When you look up and see them keep winning everyday it gives you a better chance at doing that. I dont think Ive ever pitched in a pennant race so it was exciting, even for me sitting at home and watching, to watch them win.” Morrow will remain with the Blue Jays until such time as he heads out on a minor-league rehabilitation assignment. Hell be here for a while. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '