www.authenticspittsburghsteelers.com

• 0 ตอบ
  • 13 อ่าน

0 สมาชิก และ 1 บุคคลทั่วไป กำลังดูหัวข้อนี้

www.authenticspittsburghsteelers.com
« เมื่อ: 14 มี.ค. 2019, 02:01 น. »

With the noise coming out of the Steel City louder than ever since season’s end Black Artie Burns Jersey , everybody has an opinion about the most talked-about NFL team not to make the playoffs. But what is to be believed? BTSC takes five bold statements regarding the Pittsburgh Steelers and shares their thoughts and opinions whether or not they’re fact or fiction.Mike Tomlin will resist hiring a coach to preside over replays and clock managementFictionArt II Is offering assistance to Tomlin for what is perceived to be his biggest weakness. Most coaches would let pride get in the way and say “Thanks, but no thanks”. But when the fan base is calling for your head, you follow the owner’s suggestion. Tomlin is smart and realizes that other teams have that exact position, so delegation is not a bad thing. Coach T will take the lifeline.Teams will target both Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell to join them in 2019FactTeams with tons of cap room and not intimately familiar with the divisiveness and less-than-selfless demeanors that accompany the mega talent that this pairing promises to offer, it may be a tough task to actually execute. I would think that the Steelers would hesitate to deal AB to an AFC team that could afford this like the New York Jets. Plus teams that could afford it have found solutions to their RB dilemma like the Browns have with Nick Chubb and the Colts have with Marlon Mack. The pairing could happen. It is unlikely, but franchises will consider it.The upcoming season will be Keith Butler’s last in PittsburghFactAfter the terrible collapse of the defense again in 2018, many a scalp in Steeler Nation has been scratched raw on why Butler remains at the Defensive Coordinator position. The best guess is that Butler’s contract runs out after next season and that they’d rather audition a possible successor like Teryl Austin than fire Butler outright. I’m still trying to wrap my head around the logic here. But all signs point to the end of the road for Butler after 2019.The loss of Mike Munchak to Denver will be devastating to the Offensive LineFictionSteeler Nation was elated when news broke that Vic Fangio won the Bronco’s job over Steeler OL coach Mike Munchak. However, Munch left in a lateral move to Denver a few days later Black Joe Haden Jersey , causing Steeler Nation to “the Sky is falling” mode. However, enter Shaun Sarrett who has been working with Munchak since 2014 and the team since 2012. Sarrett’s resum茅 may be unknown to Steeler fans, but to those in the know...the feeling is that the excellence of a line featuring three Pro Bowlers will continue under Sarrett. Gravity remains.The Steelers will welcome Ramon Foster back in 2019FactPreviously, I was certain that the Steelers would let “The Big Ragu” walk after his contract ran out. But after coming off of another solid season, with Marcus Gilbert’s injury woes continuing and Mike Munchak’s departure...It looks like No. 73 could return at a team friendly deal to help continue to be a vital link on a strong chain....How accurate will our opinions prove to be? To copy the sentiment of Antonio Brown...We will find out soon. The first quarter of the Steelers’ 2018 season was rough. Thankfully, the second quarter yielded a perfect record to top the 1-2-1 start. So as I am tasked to break out the red pen and evaluate the season’s second quarter, I no longer do it from the ledge.As I’ve stated all along, I’m not a football coach or a teacher Youth Ben Roethlisberger Jersey , but I play one in blogs and podcasts. Each week of the 2018 exhibition and regular season, I’ve graded the efforts of the Black-and-gold via “the eye test”. Grading games is an extremely difficult and somewhat thankless task. While the coaches’ grades, of course, are what count the most, the media and fans can’t help but evaluate as well. So you, the reader, get to vote as well. You even get to grade the grader in the comments section.So let’s take a look at BTSC’s perceptions of the 2018 season’s second quarter:OffenseThe Steelers’ offense is ranked fourth in the league with 415.2 ypg and ninth with a 28.4 points per game (ppg) average through eight contests. In 2017, they scored at a rate of 26.4 ppg. After an inconsistent start Youth JuJu Smith-Schuster Jersey , Randy Fichtner’s unit has resembled the juggernaut that they’ve promised to be. Ben Roethlisberger was the league’s passing leader through the first quarter (1,414 yards/353.5 yards per game), but his average has dropped 9 ypg. Despite that, he was a much better quarterback in the second quarter. He admittedly was not on the same page with everybody and now seems to be. By spreading the ball around to a myriad of guys (Antonio Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Ryan Switzer, Vance McDonald, Jesse James and James Conner) and no longer forcing it to AB Black Bud Dupree Jersey , he has thrived. Ben’s offensive line wasn’t reminiscent of the high-caliber unit of past years in the first quarter, but now is playing like an elite squad. Injuries have hampered Marcus Gilbert, but Matt Feiler has filled in tremendously at RT. The remaining four of Ramon Foster, Dave DeCastro, Alejandro Villanueva and Maurkice Pouncey have been dominating oncoming defenders, protecting Ben (2 sacks allowed in the second quarter of 2018 and 11 overall) and opening gaping holes for James Conner. Mike Munchak’s guys are close to being the class of the league.Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY SportsLe’Veon Bell has been missed less and less with James Conner’s emergence as an elite back in the league with nine rushing TDs and another on a reception. No. 30’s 706 rushing yards on the ground ranks him second in the league and his 379 yards as a receiver puts him on track for a better output than Bell in 2017. His penchant for picking up the blitz no longer creates concern. Conner has done well, making Bell a likely backup upon his possible return.Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY SportsAntonio Brown is not having the receptions and yardage season that he’s accustomed to. But his nine receiving TDs leads the NFL and is only four behind his career high in 2014. Double-teaming AB has forced balls to go in other directions, mostly to JuJu Smith-Schuster. JuJu (13th in the league) leads the team with 53 catches for 672 yards versus Antonio’s 51 for 594 (T-14th). The disconnect between Ben and AB has lessened with No. 84 seemingly accepting that Ben can’t continue to force the ball into him. The deep threat that Martavis Bryant provided hasn’t yet been replicated yet Youth Chukwuma Okorafor Jersey , as Justin Hunter and James Washington haven’t seized the WR3 role. However, the rookie seems to be getting looks again.Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY SportsThe TE duo of Jesse James (336 yards on 21 catches) and Vance McDonald (346 yards on 26 catches) has been very solid. As a unit, they’ve got a combined 47 grabs on 61 targets and their yards-after-catch have been remarkable — a combined 368. Vanimal is ranked 25th in the league with 234, while Jesse registers in at 83rd with 134.Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty ImagesOverall Offense Grade: AThe offense has found their identity. AB is scoring touchdowns and Ben is no longer trying to appease him. Conner is playing at an elite level, behind an elite line. Vance and Jesse James take turns being valuable and JuJu is a joy joy.Offensive Valedictorian: James Conner Custom Cleveland Browns Jerseys